Avda. Esteban Iturra s/n. Barrio Universitario. Interior|
||cthraves (at) udec (dot) cl
Ph.D. in Computer Science, LADyR, GSyC, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain, 2008. (Official name: Doctorado en Ingeniería Informática y Nuevas Tecnologías de la Información.)
Advisor: Antonio Fernández Anta and Marcos Kiwi.
Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Departamento de Ingeniería Matemática, Universidad de Chile, Chile, 2008. (Official name: Doctorado en Ciencias de la Ingeniería mención Modelación Matemática.)
Thesis title: Performance of Scheduling Policies and Networks in Generalized Adversarial Queueing Models. (Thesis done under cotutelage between Universidad de Chile and Universidad Rey Juan Carlos.)
- M.S. in Computer Science, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain, 2007. (Official name: Master Oficial en Sistemas Telemáticos e Informáticos.)
- B.S. in Mathematics, Universidad de Chile, Chile, 2002. (Official name: Licenciado en Ciencias con mención en Matemáticas.)
- Postdoctoral researcher at SARA Team, LAAS - CNRS, April 2014 to April 2015.
- Juan de la Cierva researcher at GSyC, URJC, Madrid, Spain. April 2011 to March 2014.
- Postdoctoral researcher at INRIA Team ASAP, IRISA/INRIA Rennes, France. March 2009 to February 2011.
- Postdoctoral researcher at INRIA Team CEPAGE, INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest, France. March 2008 to February 2009.
- Internship at Deutsche Telekom Laboratories (T-Labs), Germany, September to December 2007.
List of publications
- The Weighted Sitting Closer to Friends than Enemies Problem in the Line.
J. Aracena and C. Thraves Caro.
Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, Volume 45, 2023
- System Stability Under Adversarial Injection of Dependent Tasks.
V. Cholvi, J. Echaüe, A. Fernández Anta and C. Thraves Caro.
IEEE Access, Volume 9, Pages 139516--139526, 2021
- Dynamic Windows Scheduling with Reallocation.
M. Farach-Colton, K. Leal, M. A. Mosteiro and C. Thraves Caro.
ACM Journal of Experimental Algorithmics, Volume 26, Pages 1--19, July 2021
Conference version: SEA 2014.
- The Dimension of Valid Distance Drawings of Signed Graphs.
Q. Spaen, C. Thraves Caro and M. Velednitsky.
Discrete and Computational Geometry, Volume 63, Pages 158--168, January 2020.
- Optimal Path Discovery Problem with Homogeneous Knowledge.
C. Thraves Caro, J. Doncel and O. Brun.
Theory of Computing Systems, Volume 64, Pages 227--250, May 2019.
- FIFO Queues Are Bad for Rumor Spreading.
M. Kiwi and C. Thraves Caro.
IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Volume 63, Pages 1159--1166, February 2017.
- Power-efficient Assignment of Virtual Machines to Physical Machines.
J. Arjona Aroca, A. Fernández Anta, M. A. Mosteiro, C. Thraves, and L. Wang.
Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 54, Pages 82--94, January 2016.
Conference version: ARMS-CC 2014.
- p - BOX: A new graph model.
M. Soto and C. Thraves Caro.
Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, Volume 17, Number 1, Pages 169--186, March 2015.
- Embedding signed graphs in the line. Heuristics to solve MinSA problem.
E. G. Pardo, M. Soto, and C. Thraves.
Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, Volume 29, Issue 2, Pages 451--471, February 2015.
- Heterogeneous Resource Allocation under Degree Constrains.
Conference version: part 1 ICPADS 2009 and part 2 PDP 2010.
O. Beaumont, L. Eyraud-Dubois, H. Rejeb and C. Thraves.
IEEE Transaction on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Volume 24, Number 5, Pages 926--937, May 2013.
- An Early-stopping Protocol for Computing Aggregate Functions in Sensor Networks.
A. Fernández Anta, M. A. Mosteiro and C. Thraves.
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Volume 73, Issue 2, Pages 111--121, February 2013.
Conference version: PRDC 2009.
- Estimating Time Complexity of Rumor Spreading in Ad-Hoc Networks.
D. Kowalski and C. Thraves.
In proceedings of The 12th International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks and Wireless (ADHOCNOW) 2013.
- Deterministic Recurrent Communication in Restricted Sensor Networks.
A. Fernández Anta, M. A. Mosteiro and C. Thraves.
Theoretical Computer Science, Volume 418, Pages 37--47, February 2012.
Conference version: OPODIS 2007.
- Deterministic Recurrent Communication and Synchronization in Restricted Sensor Networks.
A. Fernández Anta, M. A. Mosteiro and C. Thraves Caro.
Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, Volume 13, Number 1, Pages 95--112, April 2011.
Conference version: ALGOSENSOR 2010.
- Performance of Scheduling Policies in Adversarial Networks with Non-synchronized Clocks.
A. Fernández Anta, J.L. Lopez-Presa, M. Araceli Lorenzo, P. Manzano, J. Martinez-Romo, A. Mozo, C. Thraves.
Theory of Computing Systems,Volume 48, Number 1, Pages 1--22, January 2011.
Conference version: ISCC 2007.
- Can everybody sit closer to their friends than their enemies?
A.-M. Kermarrec and C. Thraves.
In Proceedings of the 36th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS), 2011.
- Converging Quickly to Independent Uniform Random Topologies.
A.-M. Kermarrec, V. Leroy and C. Thraves.
In Proceedings of the 19th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Computing (PDP), 2011.
- Application of Random Walks to Decentralized Recommender Systems.
A.-M. Kermarrec, V. Leroy, A. Moin and C. Thraves.
In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference On Principles Of Distributed Systems (OPODIS), 2010.
- Adversarial Queueing Model for Continuous Network Dynamics.
M. J. Blesa, D. Calzada, A. Fernández Anta, L. Lopez, A. L. Martinez, A. Santos, M. J. Serna, C. Thraves.
Theory of Computing Systems, Volume 4, Number 3, Pages 304--331, April 2009.
- Adversarial Queuing Theory with Setups.
M. Kiwi, M. Soto, C. Thraves.
Theoretical Computer Science, Volume 410, Number 8-10, Pages 670--687, March 2009.
- MetroSim: A Simulation Tool for Metropolitan WiFi Networks.
G. Urueta, C. Thraves, M. Solarski, P. Vidales.
In Proceedings of to the 2nd International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (SIMUTools), 2009.
- Optimal Switch Location in Mobile Communication Networks Using Hybrid Genetic Algorithms.
S. Salcedo, J. Portilla, E. Ortiz, A. Perez, C. Thraves, A. Fernández Anta, X. Yao.
Applied Soft Computing, Volume 8, Number 4, pages 1486--1497, September 2008.
- Driving the Deployment of Citywide Ubiquitous WiFi Access.
C. Thraves, G. Urueta, P. Vidales, M. Solarski.
In Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques for Communications, Networks and Systems (SIMUTools), 2008. Industry track, (SIMULWORKS).
Program committee member of
- The 24th International Symposium on Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems, track B. (SSS), 2022.
- The 15th Latin American Theoretical INformatics Symposium (LATIN), 2022.
- The 16th International Symposium on Algorithms and Experiments for Wireless Sensor Networks (ALGOSENSORS), 2020.
- The 13th Latin American Theoretical INformatics Symposium (LATIN), 2018.
- The 12th International Symposium on Algorithms and Experiments for Wireless Sensor Networks (ALGOSENSORS), 2016.
- The 13th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications (IEEE ISPA), 2015.
- The 34th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS) 2014, Algorithms and Theory track.
- The 12th IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (IEEE NCA) 2013.
- The 1st International Workshop on DYnamic Networks: Algorithms and Security (DYNAS) 2009.
Organizing committee member of
School in computable mathematics Ematcomp, March 2020. In Collaboration with Anahí Gajardo.
- The Weekly Colloquium of the Mathematical Engineering Department, University of Concepción, Chile. From January 2016 until December 2017.
- The second Two-Days Workshop in Optimization and Equilibrium, 2017. In collaboration with Fabian Flores Bazan, Alejandro Jofre, and Hector Ramirez.
- Workshop on Mathematical Challenges for the Construction of Biological Regulation Networks, 2016. In Collaboration with Julio Aracena, Anahí Gajardo and Lilian Salinas.
Démosle Vuelta... Mate con café: Podcast and Youtube channel. In Collaboration with Mariela Carvacho, Daniel Bravo and Andres Gonzalez, we interview people that work in mathematic related activities and talk about their stories around mathematics (in Spanish).